This Kristi, Breezy and me having lunch at my favorite Subway. One of the workers cut her finger while cleaning a blade....Told her to apply direct pressure for 10 minutes to stop the bleeding. The other little worker was a bit pale....from seeing the blood. All ended well--the bleeding stopped, a bandage and tape was applied, glove to that and they were back making sandwiches.
This is a picture of Matt. Mr Wonderful and I went and watched his game. I do
not know a thing about football. Well, I know a few things, goals, offense, defense, there is a quarterback, etc., but someone has to tell me what is going on. Matt's team won by a landslide. The referees seemed to want to help the other team, so they called all of these unseen (even by Mr Wonderful) judgements against Matt's team. They went on and on. I watched one play, and this kid on the end, grabbed one of Matt's team mates, threw him on the ground, smacked him, rolled him over and was sitting on him. I was sipping my Diet Coke and asked, "Hmmm, I wonder if that is legal." It has to be pretty blatant for me to know it is a problem...Yep, kid got thrown out of the game. Mr Wonderful said he was their best player, too. Football--gotta love it! I think I am more a basketball kind of person....easier for me to follow. Matt's heart is in football and it is great to see him do something he loves, see his parents and Mr Wonderful talking to him about it. I smile....and say, "Good job."
Happy Birthday to my dad! (But this is Mr Wonderful, not my dad, who died in 1996)
This was Friday night. We were celebrating my dad's 74th birthday with his favorite dessert: Angle food cake. Dad ate his plain. He didn't like topping and was allergic to strawberries. Mr Wonderful loved his cake. I did, too. The weekend was a nice one, even written about in reverse!




Yummy!
ReplyDelete