After listening to Sister Barbara Thompson's talk, "Mind the Gap" during the General Relief Society Meeting held in September, I've been thinking about trying to find this picture. It was taken on our last night in London during a trip we took in June of 2007. We were waiting for the train to head back to our hotel after seeing a wonderful performance of the show "Wicked". I asked Kristi to snap the picture for me. You see this sign in every train station, or "tube" as they call it in London. It is to warn you of the "gap" between the station cement sidewalk and the train. It would be easy to get your foot caught, etc. The trains rush by really fast, and if you were down in the "gap" there is no doubt in my mind that you would be very seriously injured, if not killed.Sister Thompson warned us that many of us have "gaps" in our own lives. She spoke of gaps between what we know and what we actually do, or the "gap" between our goals and what we actually accomplish. She said these gaps can be reminders of ways in which we can improve, or if ignored, can be stumbling blocks in our lives. The complete talk can be found at: Mind the Gap
I have been studying this particular talk, as I have many, many things I'd like to accomplish, a few that I actually DO accomplish and want to improve the "gaps" in my life.




No comments:
Post a Comment