Sunday, October 4, 2009

Two Birthdays and an Anniversary

The end of September and very first part of October is a busy time of year for our family. Deidre has a birthday, Mr Wonderful and I celebrate our anniversary, and Danielle has her birthday. I made the two girls a cookie cake each and we celebrated their birthdays at a family dinner up at Deidre and Joseph's house.
Friday, Mr Wonderful and Stephanie worked on her car all day. They showered up and took the car out to test the brakes they had repaired. They came home, and he surprised me with this lovely bouquet of roses, lilies and some little unknown flower...smelled so wonderful, and SO beautiful. He is such a sweetheart. I was teasing him and said we'd never make it another 33 years. He looked at me and asked why not. I said we were falling apart too bad and we'd be dead before then. He said to think positive. I said, "OK, I am pretty positive we won't make another 33 years!"
Also, grandson Matt told me he was going to the movie, GI Joe with his grandpa, and did I want to go. I am not certain what the mix up was, but then he was ready to go with grandpa, and Mr Wonderful said he had to spend the evening with grandma as it was her anniversary....I told them both I'd go to GI Joe, as didn't want Matt to be disappointed. It was a very nice evening....lots of action. Matt usually spends all of his extra time with his dad and that family, so I actually do not ever have him alone. Well, had him after school on Thursday and then last night, but that is the first time in a VERY long time. Westview High School was having their home coming football game and as we drove by, wonderful fireworks lit up the sky. Matt said, "Look grandma, fireworks just for you and pappa!" Homecoming game or not, they seemed a private celebration for the three of us to commemorate 33 years of marriage. Not to shabby in this day and time, if I do say so myself.

This is Danielle with her two zebra striped pillows and comforter I made for her. She saw some zebra striped flannel and asked me to make her a soft blanket for her birthday. It is the flannel on one side and soft fleece on the other. Stephanie and I found this wonderful gray toned wild animal print and I made her a matching pillow case. The little spot of color you can see there is the hand drawn card Stephanie made for her sister. Oh, Stephanie is a talented artist and I so appreciate her using her talent to make special cards for us. They are truly one of a kind and very well drawn.


No comments:

Post a Comment