Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Conference Notebook


I pick up a new notebook before every semi-annual General Conference. For years, I have gotten a notebook or paper that was quad ruled. Well, I picked some up before April's conference that was from a dollar store, and I could hardly get my pen to write--the paper was such a poor quality. I spent a little more time browsing for my next notebook. I was intrigued by the notebook shown in the picture. The paper was not made from a tree, but limestone. I opened the notebook and ran my hand across the paper...it was very smooth and slightly cool to the touch. I could almost imagine a smooth stone. I got to think of the ten commandments and things etched on stone down through the ages, and I knew I'd found the perfect conference notebook. I picked up a pink pen. I was certain it was breast cancer related. When I got home and opened the pens, "Write for Hope" was written on the side of each pen. It made me smile. It was also the perfect pen for taking notes that would fill me full of hope and love of the Savior while listening to the prophet and apostles during general conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment