Remember the story of the old violin? How it sat in the corner of the auction house, and no one wanted it until the master played it? That is about how it was for Susan Boyle before she opened her mouth to sing last Saturday night in a packed London Theatre. Check out this utube video: Susan Boyle
A lot of you may have seen her by now. Susan is an unemployed 47 year old Catholic woman, who says she has never been kissed, and lives with her cat, Pebbles. She started singing at church when she was twelve years old. She is from a small village in Scotland. She is the youngest of nine children. She was bullied when she was young, as she had learning disabilities. Her mother died two years ago, and since then, Susan said she hasn't had the heart to sing. Her family and friends convinced her to audition for the "Britain has Talent Show", so she decided to do it for her mother.
I was just so touched by her performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables, as was most of Britain from what I understand. Give a listen. You won't be sorry you did, I can promise you that. If the world gave pure talent more of a chance and didn't make everyone feel they had to look rail thin and 21, we'd probably be listening to more talented women--women who look like real people, and not a plastic Barbie dolls. I hope to see and hear much more from Susan Boyle. I am a fan! She does get excited after the judges vote and she is backstage: She lets out a few "OMG's", so stop it before then if you'd like.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I watched this; she was AMAZING.
ReplyDeleteYeah Scotland!!!!!! ---Vickie