Saturday, our ward held its nearly annual Daddy Daughter Date. It was held at the White Tanks Regional Park west of us. When we found out about the activity, Dano immediately asked for the day off. Mr Wonderful took a vacation day, and good thing he did. They wanted him to work 8 to 4 that day. Instead, he just got to take a bunch of phone calls. My little friend Kathy volunteered to help with the food, and I am her helper, so I got to crash the party. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it was to see my husband "play" and HAVE FUN with some of his girls. Thanks to the girls, I have many wonderful pictures of the evening. I want to share a few of them this week, so Meg and my Idaho family can enjoy them. I am also sorry this post is late. I didn't want to nag Dano for photos. She noticed Rosco Biggs (her baby dog) had a swollen foot and wasn't acting well. He obviously has a fever. He went to the doctor this am, and it is serious--He has an infection. He got a shot in his bottom, just like a human child and has to take oral antibiotics and see the doctor on Friday.
It was a busy weekend. Sunday, we had leftover burgers from the daddy daughter date, but I also made two cookie cakes--one for Joseph and one for Mr Wonderful. They both have birthdays this coming week. Happy Birthday!
Joseph has a job. He graduates from ASU this May. The same week he is to start his new job, he has two finals; needs two consecutive pay stubs to show when they close on their new house. (He will only have been at his job one week .) When blessings come, sometimes they actually are a bit disruptive until you can work them into your life.
Breezy, Dano standing, Weffers, Dad, and Deidre hanging out
Mr Wonderful and His Girls. Well, some of them.These are some pictures before the fun really got started. Steph is in green, Dano is in black. Breezy and Deidre are both in red. I wanted to have some of the wonderful desert scenery in the background. Notice the Saguaro cactus behind them. Later this summer, our desert will be very hot. Saturday was a perfect day--warm with a nice breeze. I'll blog more about the kid's date this week....want to do it justice so I can look back on it and remember those special moments the girls had with dad.
Note: Jen and Kristi both were sick with sinus infections, or they would have been at the activity, too. As it was, Mr Wonderul had the most daughters there. We had around 77 dads and girls. It was a very successful activity. Thank you Brother Pugh, Brother Casselman (wife was in the hospital and he still came and manned the games and helped with the story telling). Thanks to Brothers Lyon and Helland for grilling the burgers. The girls said Mr Wonderul was quizzing them all the way to the park on their favorite colors, etc. as they have a trivia challenge and last year, it was about the daughters' favorites. This year it was random trivia. Our group tied for first place--only missed one question. In case you need to know, the last four prophets are Monson, Hinckley, Hunter, and Benson. I had Benson, then Hunter...need to relearn that Primary song better.
Also, I spent more time this past weekend playing Farm Land on Face Book than I should have. What an addictive past time. I did "meet" Christina from Denmark. Mr Wonderful has ancestors from that country, so we chatted about that. I harvested a little lady from England's trees and really ticked her off. I apologized and spent some time chatting with her. We exchanged email addresses. I now have a little 72 year old widow friend from Lanchestershire (I believe). I also met "Redneck Marine" from Colorado. He is stationed 10 minutes away from my Marine. It sounds like they will be on the same deployment. It was fun chatting with him. His words reminded me a lot of the way my Marine speaks. He said he'd be on the lookout for my Marine--said a Marine with 8 sisters should be one in a million!




This looks like a very fun activity; I remember Arlen commenting to me once that he prayed in high school that he wanted to be surounded by beautiful women--his prayers have been answered!!! Aunt Vickie
ReplyDeleteNo kidding!
ReplyDelete