Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Vickie

Two Humptys on Hadrian's Wall

In June of 2007, My mother, sister Vickie, her two children, Tyson and Natalie, my daughter, Kristi and I took a trip touring Scotland and England. It was wonderful! We had SO much fun! This is a picture of us on Hadrian's Wall built by the Romans around 122 AD. It is the most popular attraction in Northern England, where it is often known simply as the Roman Wall. I asked Kristi to take a pictures of us, or more likely, Vickie asked Kristi to take a pictures of us, as I try REALLY hard to stay out of most photographs. The grass was covered in dew; Vickie slipped, grabbed me, and the next thing I knew we landed on the wall! Kristi snapped the picture. We had such a good laugh. Vickie lives in Idaho and I live in Arizona, so we really do not get to see each other very often. Today is Vickie's birthday, and I wish I was there to celebrate with her. We both long to be able to take a trip to Ireland or a return trip to the British Isles. If not, we will always have many fond memories of our times together; one of which was landing on Hadrian's Wall!


A Visual Gift for You

PS Here is a picture of Dano holding a small bowl with three red roses from my "Don Guymon Memorial Red Rose Garden." I wish I was closer so we could give them to you in person. I love you, Sis. Have a very Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! I love that picture... and the 'two humpteys' caption made me laugh so hard... which is hard with this cough gosh dangit. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy and family. I loved the roses from the Don Guymon Memorial Garden, the birthday song, and the Hadrian Wall picture--two sisters in a graceful moment for sure !!!!!!

    We do need to return to the British Isles someday--fun memories.

    ReplyDelete