
Dano found this magnifying glass and the piece of foam stuck in the grass outside in the backyard. I had visions of a wild fire back there.....Chewie was VERY indignant. I guess I disrupted his science experiment. Kristi and Chewbacca, how about doing your science in the backyard of the home you rent, or at least let me know so I can put fire extinguishers back there? How about no science that has the potential for a fire in the first place, right, Shannon?

Wow! I found out how to get a picture of Toughie. Ask Little T for a picture of his broken arm he got a week ago while playing on the monkey bars in our backyard. My goal this week is to return him to his mother WITHOUT another broken body part. (I would like to point out that Mr Wonderful and I were able to raise NINE kids and didn't have one of them break any bones. We had stitches, scrapes, a concussion, childhood illnesses. Oh, I take that back. Memory lapse. Dano did spirally break and mangle two of her toes. The Pomeranian we had at the time grabbed the back of her sock as she was going down the stairs. When I took her into the doctor, they said she had ????strained ligaments and the best thing was to move them. A MONTH later, the pediatrician called me as finally got the radiology report and the two toes were horribly broken. She wanted to see us immediately. Dano now has two midget toes, as the growth plates in the toes were affected.)

As you can see, the broken wrist has not been a hindrance to Little T at all. I would like to say that I was not babysitting when the accident happened. All of us girls were at Applebees, and poor Mr Wonderful had the three grandsons. It is very difficult to babysit them and watch TV and sit in a favorite chair. Years ago, when the Marine was nearly 2 years old, he was as active as Little T. I used to do my grocery shopping, or any shopping for that matter AFTER Mr Wonderful got home to watch him. Dan and Marina next door to us always kept their front door open with just the screen closed so their dogs could look out. Marina would be sitting on the sofa and many times said, "Dan, Michael is running down the street. You better go get him. Arlen must be babysitting again!" A few years ago, Jen and I left Mr Wonderful babysitting Toughie. Toughie was three or four at the time. We got home and Austin was SO proud. He had "helped" Pappa finish painting the back of the house. Mr Wonderful swore he'd only left the child alone for five minutes. Toughie had time to get the lids off of two cans of paint and use TWO colors of paint to do his painting. I'd say it was a 20 minute job....maybe half hour. Looking back, it was pretty funny. We can't match the paint--When we painted the house, the inexperienced paint mixer dude (dud) used the formula we wanted for the wrong paint base. We have two completely different colors of paint on our house, but you can't tell as the back is one color and the front and sides are another. (When we went for more paint, we could tell it was WAY lighter than the color we had before. The experienced paint person figured out what the dud had done wrong, and had to put a bunch of pigments in the paint base to even get it close to the color we had used on the front of the house.) When we do away with Toughie's artwork, we'll have to paint the entire back of the house again. Anyway, happy day after Easter! The festivities are still going on around here. Toughie spent the weekend with his dad and other grandmother, and Talon was with his mom. Kristi is hiding eggs again so they can have an egg hunt. Thanks, Kristi! You are the best!
Yeah, boys and fire experimtents should be very closely monitored, if done at all! Of course, parents can be just as bad- as I have proven, too! Sounds like there's plenty of healthy, active males at your house.
ReplyDelete