Bare little table.
Primed little table.
Table coated with teal colored chalkboard paint. It looks a little dusty, as we rubbed the side of a piece of chalk on the table to 'season' it. The kids can write on the table. They can also still use it to dye eggs and do messy projects. I have extra paint if any of you want to make a chalkboard surface of some kind. News of note: I took Toughie shopping to get a few birthday presents for his mother. He picked out some tulips, a box of chocolates and a musical card. The card really touched me, as he browsed through a lot of them to find the perfect one. It was a 'For my Mother' card, and played the little "You'll be in my Heart" song from the Disney movie, Tarzan. He watched that little movie over and over when he was small. When he heard that song, it was like time stood still, and he had to have it for his mother. He hates to write anything, but he labored over writing a special note for his mother in her card. I showed him how to prepare the flowers and he picked a vase and arranged them and put some pretty marble like stones in the bottom of the vase. I wanted to take a picture of Jen and Toughie,and at least the flowers, but Toughie would not cooperate. Hence, no picture. Here I am writing this at the end of a blog about a table. I wanted a picture, as have been collecting family pictures to send to my Marine. He called Sunday to to wish his sister a Happy Birthday and request more cookies. I asked him if he wanted anything else, and he said, just some random pictures of the family. The longer he is gone from home, the more life experiences he goes through (as having his wisdom teeth surgically extracted and none of mom's chicken noodle soup, TLC etc.), I can tell his family means more and more to him. He pointed out that this makes three weeks in a row that he has called us. Two weeks in a row was a record breaker, so three weeks is a platinum record indeed. Anyway, back to Toughie. He hates to do homework and came home with a lot of it. Working on it totally ruined his mood. Mr Wonderful took him and Little T to MacDonald's and Jennifer, Kristi, Dano, Breezy, Kathy T and I went to Applebee's for dinner. At first, Jen was sad the little man wasn't cooperating. Mr Wonderful hates fast food....but think he knows that dinner with those two little ones would have been anything but delightful. The little boys were able to have quality time with grandpa; which is really rare these days with his work schedule. I hope Jen can look back on this birthday and have a few good memories.




Cool table idea! Hope Jen had a happy birthday.
ReplyDeleteI love the chalkboard paint idea. One of our friends mom's has painted an entire wall in her basement with black chalkboard paint and lets anyone who wants to color on it. She always has the option to wash it off. I think you might be voted worlds coolest grandma if you do that. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a very neat idea for grandkids. Maybe this summer I can get ambitious and try it.
ReplyDeleteI have pool blue primer for bare wood and the teal chalkboard paint if you want to use it. I can bring it in July.
ReplyDelete