Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Nature Walk

I couldn't take my dogs out for a walk this morning. There was a dog loose, and he was a BIG boy....I just didn't feel like dealing with that problem. I decided it was a great day to haul my camera (actually Breezy's) along, and take some pictures of spring in the desert. I went a little overboard...took around 75 photos. I uploaded 60 of them to my Facebook page so my friend from Denmark could see them. She loves flowers and just took some wonderful pictures of her tulips and such in her garden. They were wonderful photographs--could hang them on a wall or in a gallery. You guys have seen my photos. I just point and click and hope for the best! I really loved a lot of the pictures I took. These are a sampling. I hope you enjoy them.

Also, it is my birthday today! If you want to see a crazy picture of my mom, sis, and me in Stratford-on-Avon in England, go to my sisters' blog: christensenfamilyblog.blogspot.com (Or just click on the link over on the right side of my blog.) I personally call it "Small, Medium, and Large." It is just hilarious. Every time I see that picture, I think the bench is going to upend down there on my side like an unbalanced teeter totter! I guess I deserve her publishing it, as I did the Hadrian's Wall photo on her birthday....Good job, sis!

Ok, back to our desert nature walk, the extremely abbreviated (bet you are glad about that!) version.



This shows the green branches of a Palo Verde tree. They seem so common to me now, but when I first moved here some 28 years ago, I just thought these trees were SO cool!
A beautiful yellow Hibiscus. I had a purple Hibiscus plant that literally stopped traffic when we lived over off of Wolf St. No, no one crashed. They just stopped and asked me what it was, as it was around 6-8 feet tall, and so lovely. I planted one here and the gophers inhaled it.

A bee gathering nectar from a flowering prickly pear cactus. I took a lot of pictures of this particular cactus, as there were so many lovely colors on it. You can see the purple mixed with the green...so lovely.


Top view of a flowering cactus. This one just cracks me up.



Isn't it amazing that a little flower can bloom on this old dead looking piece of thorny wood? There is a miracle of life if ever I saw one.



A yellow rose. Red roses always remind me of my dad. I wasn't walking in my own backyard, though. Yellow roses always remind me of friendship and are so cheerful. This particular one is for all of you who stop by my blog today. Enjoy!


This is a picture of a thistle from our trip to Scotland/England in 2007. I think it was actually taken while Kristi and I were on a very nice walk along the Avon River in Stratford. Sorry this thistle is on it's side. I turned it three times, but it is not cooperating, I am tired and want to go to bed, so you will just have to turn your head to the left to look at it. This thistle is down the street! When I saw it, I immediately thought of the wonderful walk Kristi and I took....and I mentioned above. I love special memories. Aren't they so wonderful? I can have a grand time and relive it any time I want--just have to think and I am practically there in that moment. I hope you take a moment today and think of special times with those you love, have loved, and smile. Have a good day! It is my birthday, and that is my wish--a great memory filled day for all of my family and friends. I truly love you all. Can't imagine life without any of you! Thanks for making my life SO special!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope it was a great one! I love the nature pics. AZ in the Spring really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete