Butterfly Tees and Inchworms
I was wondering WHERE all my blogs went....then realized it is March 1st and they are all in the archives! I didn't like the look of my 'nearly naked' blog, so here is a great one for the first of March.
These are some of the little St Paddy's butterfly tees I am making for the preemies at St Joe's NICU. I have these five ready to put the plastic snaps on them, and 40+ more to go. Kathy T did the little loomed hats for me. I forgot to put one in the picture. Once I get the others finished, maybe it will warrant another picture, have to see. The little rectangles are little poly-pellet filled fabric 'pillows'. After I make the inner pillow, I make a very soft outer casing, and sew it shut (as they put them in commercial machines and the pounding is really hard on them). We call them inchworms. The Neonatal Developmental Specialists use my inchworms to position the tiny babies. I make all sizes with my soft fabric scraps as they need them in all sizes for the little nearly one to four pound babies.




No comments:
Post a Comment