Friday, March 6, 2009

Bigger Biggs & Preemies O' Green

This was then: Rosco Biggs at 3 lbs when you first met him.
This is now: Rosco Biggs at 6 1/2 lbs, Not the best of pictures, but all I have so far to show his growth. His stubby legs are much longer. Check out his loooong ears!

This was then: Start of our Sewing for Babies St Paddy's preemie clothes for St Joseph's NICU.

This is now: My collection of butterfly tees. I like to make them with different color combinations. The nurses like the babies to have a little variety in clothing as opposed to 70 babies all dressed alike. Also, it stretches the shamrock fabric, or whatever holiday fabric I am using. And.......



40 St. Paddy's Day loomed hats made by Kathy T. Notice they are different, too. Again, more individualized for the little babies. Joan D made us some more clothing and some isolete covers, but I delivered them before being able to get a picture of them. It is really a big deal to the parents of these small precious babies to see them dressed up each holiday. I just get to thinking that I will stop making the clothes, etc., as it takes up a lot of time, then will hear how much it means to the parents and nurses and it keeps me going!
Also, Joyce, one of the Developmental Specialists at St Joe's asked Kathy and I if we could make two black quilts/blankets to use for contrast back drops when they need to take pictures of the tiny babies that do not make it. That is a very sad request, but will do it.
They also want us to make 10 mattress covers for their "giraffe" isoletes--the ones they use for the tiniest of preemies. (Then Joyce said we could work our way up to the bigger isoletes.) I'll be heading to my friend Joan's house to work on those projects. She is a seasoned seamstress. I am still working on the apron for Breezy's trek! 'See' you Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are an amazing seamstress! I bet those parents really do love the service you are providing for them! That is so thoughtful of you!

    ReplyDelete