Saturday, instead of cleaning my house, spraying weeds, doing laundry, babysitting dogs, etc., I went to Sedona with Jennifer, Toughie, Kristi, and Chewie. These are some pictures taken while we were actually in downtown Sedona. My pictures blur going from Picasa to the blog....so these are much better pictures than they appear. Sedona is very beautiful. They have taken all of the stop lights out on the main street through town and replaced them with roundabouts. I do not know if it has helped the traffic or not. Maybe that was not the town council's reason for removing them. Maybe they impeded the view, I do not know.
There were a lot of people--in cars AND on foot. The word, TOURISTS comes to mind. We had a difficult time finding a place to park in the free parking areas. Crossing the street was quite an adventure. Jennifer mentioned that it reminded her of the traffic in Mexico, and it was the truth. GO FAST while crossing the street! The shops were fun to browse through. Kristi bought fudge at the fudge store. The weather was perfect--not too hot or cold, but the sun was very bright and seemed to be right over our heads. If I go again, I will remember to take a hat.
Why is a plate of food in this picture, you ask? I thought it would be nice to share some nachos. Well, some people in our party did not like sharing food. One said there were BEANS in those nachos and beans are gross! One person was full. I can say, they were very tasty, wonderfully delicious nachos, beans or no beans. Also, the restaurant had windows on the ??? east side, so we could eat and look out at the mountains you see in the top picture. They made for a spectacular view.
We had the MOST fun at Grasshopper Point, off of the Oak Creek Canyon Rd. I'll post some fun pictures tomorrow. If we go again, in the summer, I plan to bypass the town of Sedona and just take 89A south of Flagstaff to the Oak Creek Canyon. By then, we will be fighting for a parking spot, picnic spot, etc. Come to think of it, maybe I'll just go next year again in the spring. Actually, if I want people and traffic, I can stay right here and drive around my block and fight the spring training traffic. If I want a roundabout, I just need to go circle the one in Jennifer's neighborhood! I don't have a source of waterfalls and cliffs, though, so a trip up north may be warranted.
********************************************************
Our Marine called yesterday! He had his wisdom teeth out last Wednesday and has been off of work. He said his jaw really hurts, and his face is swollen, but he will be returning to work tomorrow. He mentioned that he has called two weeks in a row. I told him that was wonderful! Cookies will be on their way! He said, "I was hoping you would say that!" I better get to them. He will be expecting them in his mail box on Thursday. He now has a PO box. I just text him and tell him when I send something so he can be looking for it. (He really got tired of waiting for someone on base to decide to deliver his mail.)






No comments:
Post a Comment