Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chewy Granola Bars

1 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix (Or store brand)
1 1/2 cups quick-oats
1 cup packed brown sugar (or less)
1/2 cup butter softened, (I melt it)
1 egg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, raisins, or chopped nuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips with a fork until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. *Press mixture evenly in ungreased rectangular pan, 13 by 9 by 2. Bake until center is set, 15 to 17 minutes. Cut into bars, about 3 by 1 1/2 inches, while warm 27 bars.

* Note from Sandy (oops! Mom O' Nine. I guess I forgot my pen name.) I do not do it this way. This recipe is from The Best of Bisquick printed in 1983. I have been making these since Risti was 3 years old! I put them in 12 muffin papers and bake them for 15 minutes. Do you notice how I make everything into a muffin? I am making them Sunday for the adult kids to take home so they have "breakfast muffins" Monday am. They LOVE THEM! Also, poor Mr Wonderful is working another 12 hour shift. He can take a couple to work or eat them on the way after his morning oatmeal. (His cholesterol should be zero with all of the oatmeal he eats.)

Actually, I usually double the recipe, but just add one cup (or less) of brown sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment