This is Chewie, Kristi's son. He is 11 years old now. He is most definitely a 'tween'. These are some pictures of his 'cool' hair. He has been growing it out--skater hair. I am so thankful to be his grandmother and not his mother. His uncle, the Marine gave me more gray hair than I can count. My Marine will probably be deployed for the first time later this summer. I feel more gray hair sprouting as I type this.Shhhh! Don't tell Neil, but Chewie is the model in front of a NASCAR quilt I made him. I found the fabric, and immediately thought of Neil. He and Vickie just returned from Las Vegas and the races awhile back. Neil had extensive surgery on his shoulder a few weeks ago. I was thinking a quilt might help his recovery. I mailed it off on Monday. It's a surprise, so don't say anything, OK?





Handsome boy. I love his shades. Nice quilt also! love the story about little t.
ReplyDeleteCute pictures of "Chewie." I need to find and post the one where he is a visiting year-old and helping Great-uncle Neil on the drive to Mesa Falls! Neil has not been much of a blog reader since his surgery, so "the secret" is safe. He LOVES all things NASCAR, so the quilt will be a hit!!! PS Could you AZ people send some heat our way???
ReplyDeleteNice hair. Boy he really looks a lot like Kristi in that up close picture you got of him.
ReplyDelete