Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Weekend

Dee helped me clean our back storage shed. I kind of felt it was Mr Wonderful's domain, but after 8 years of accumulation, decided to clean it. It took us all day....but looks SO much better. We can actually get in there and not have stuff falling out of the door!
Big trash pile waiting to be hauled to the front of the property for big trash pick up day. We call it Mt Trashmore.
Inside of Mr Wonderful's shed after we cleaned it. We could barely get in the door when we started. We took one load to DI, one to Saver's for Big Brothers, Big Sisters....and created Mt Trashmore with the unusable, destroyed items. Dee offered to sell my extra washer and dryer on Craig's list. I told her I never know when mine will break, and it is my spare. Ok, she jinxed me--washer died last night.....

Dee holding a displaced, homeless gecko we found in a box. I screamed when I found him....she rescued him and did a relocation plan for him.



The first meeting of the Arizona 'Polar Bear Club'. They lasted about 10 minutes.


Our life guard, Breezy. She told the boys to scream if they needed her.
Also, Chewie went to a Coyote hockey game and was given the game puck. His mom and Chewie were allowed to go down on the ice after the game and both shot a goal. I do not have pictures yet of the exciting event, but hopefully, someone will get me one to post.
I called our Marine Saturday, and actually was able to talk to him. I wanted to know if he got to see the President Friday. He said he didn't go to see him. Some of his Marine friends went, but they did not get in. Our Marine said he enjoyed visiting with two of the secret service men, who wanted to go up in one of the Huey's in his shop. He said they have a cool job. I asked him what he was doing, and our Marine said he was just standing in the rain. I said there was an easier way to get a shower. He laughed. He said he took a good shower and washed the "Nugget Juice" off. That is what they call the jet fuel. After being in the shop all day, they smell like the fuel. That can't be good. It was GREAT to be able to talk with him.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!That must have been so cool for Chewie. Jake would have loved to help with the gecko relocation program.

    ReplyDelete