This is the recipe we served at our preparedness Enrichment meeting two weeks ago. It is a good use of the dehydrated apple slices we can get from the church cannery in Mesa. Are those apples available in other states? We were feeding an army of women; half of the recipe would be great for most families. We served it with cool whip, but ice cream would be fabulous! If you have a great food storage recipe, feel free to share!
Add and mix in a crockpot:
5 cups dehydrated apples
5 cups water
6 Tablespoons sugar
Mix in a bowl:
2 cups regular rolled oats
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon or ginger or nutmeg (We used cinnamon)
1 cup butter
Mix with hands to make streudle (I say, call a grandkid, have them wash their hands and dig in.)
*Mix half mixture in with apples and then spoon the rest on top of the apples.
cook on high for about 2 hours, til most water is gone, then take lid off for 15 minutes to crunch up the top. (Recipe from Kim P, Desiree F.)
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Thanks! I have several cans of those apples. I know there are recipes out there somewhere, but I appreciate you posting it where I can find it easily!
ReplyDelete