*Mr Wonderful: Worked HARD all week. Plus, he will be working midnight shift Saturday, and 12-hours Monday.
*Jen and Toughie are babysitting a dog named Riley.
*Meg's cooking skills and baby have been on the blog this week. Faithie was clobbered by a falling backpack that scraped up her back. We were remarking about how Meg was always the 'freak accident victim'. It seems to be genetic.
*Risti and Chewie had field day this week at school. She refused to black out the 30 plus kids' heads so I could legally show them dancing to the Cha Cha Slide. Bummer.
*Shanna is just working as usual, and her son, Little T was in a blog.
*Dee, aka 'The Middle Child', and also married to Joseph, received a 97% on her accounting presentation and had a 94% average before that, so pretty sure she has another A, so far straight A's in her Master's program. GREAT job! Her next class starts in two weeks. It is a marketing class.
*Dano will have a great pay check if they get her tips straight. Good news in this troubled economy. Rosco Biggs is getting a bit larger. I sense a forthcoming blog updating his growth. Rambo (hamster) seems worn out after his 'great escape'. He has been doing a LOT of sleeping.
* Marine son. See blog. Also, wherever he is, just heard President Obama is visiting.
* Weffers crashed two times last week riding her scooter around the ASU Tempe Campus. She has since mastered the 'bunny jump' and is pretty much bruise free. She is taking a Latin/Salsa dance class and learning some great dance moves. Oh, think she is doing great in the academic classes, too.
*Breezy took the AIMS test this week. Not certain how she did. She is just about finished with the three foot mask she is making for a prom decoration. Good, as they asked her to do another one.
*********************************************************
A Breezy 'Funny' for you. Well, I thought it was funny and Breezy was laughing her head off while she told me. Breezy and I were sitting at Wendy's as someone texted her that she had a YCL (Youth Camp Leader) meeting for camp at 7 pm last night. We were getting our chalkboard paint tinted at Home Depot, so I didn't have time to take her home and feed her before her meeting. I was asking her how her week was going. She said, "Well, I am having a better week than my little freshman friend, Andrew. He has forgotten his lunch every day this week. Today, he even forgot to wait at the church after seminary for his mom to bring it to him, and he left for school. When Andrew's mother got there with her son's lunch, she asked my friend, Chris where Andrew was. Chris told her that Andrew had already left for school. She threw the lunch box out of the car window, told Chris to give it to Andrew and drove off in her car! Chris asked Breezy if she would take the lunchbox to Andrew, AND warn him to be extra cautious around his mother when he got home from school." One can hope the kid remembers his lunch tomorrow.......
Mom O' Nine Lab Results
Also, My doc called with my lab results and I do not have cancer. I do have to be checked again in six months. I can keep procrastinating writing up my will. My kids are nearly grown, but my fabric stash would need a good home!
How to Make a Sock Doll
Turn sock inside out. Place with the heel side up. Cut toe of sock off, and into two equal parts. Sew cut line on each piece. These are the doll's arms. Stuff with small pieces of batting. Sew around drawn lines for the legs. Cut and trim sock between "legs" and turn right side out. Stuff legs and body with batting. Top piece of the sock will be folded down later for doll's hat. Stuff up to that point. Tie a narrow piece of ribbon tightly between head and body. Once head looks about right, tie off top of head with another piece of ribbon. Have someone help you hold it tight while you tie it. Mr Wonderful helps me. Fold the top down over the little head and make a brim. Glue or sew a pom pom on top of the hat. Sew stuffed arms to sides of doll. Voila! A sock doll. You can make her a small blanket. I just draw a very simple face on him/her as that is all the talent I have in that department.
Here is the little finished doll sitting on a cloth napkin, as I was too lazy to make her a blanket at this time. Meg, I can make you a couple if you would like, or you can try a couple. So why am I making a sock doll you ask? My friend, Kathy is in charge of the craft/service project for the 250 girls attending girl's camp this June. (Breezy is one of her assistants, by the way.) The girls are tired of tying quilts for our baby group. The craft needs to be a service project. Kathy and I were brainstorming, and the dolls and blankets are what she wants to do. A few years ago, my cousin and I did around 50 of them and she took them to the Humanitarian Center in SLC. They went nuts over them--wanted more. Well, took me awhile, but sounds like they will be getting them! I have all my quilting friends saving their batting scraps for the dolls, so the cost for this project should be minimal. She will need to purchase 125 pairs of socks, though.




No comments:
Post a Comment