Steph and Katters.
Baby Katters with his beautiful blue, baby eyes. He was really something.Well, Stephanie's cat is missing. We have no clue what happened to him. Stephanie just loves him. She wanted him to be a house cat, stay inside and be safe. Once he learned how to use the doggy door, he used it. Regularly. He explored the backyard, and at first, was happy to be back there. I have lost count of the number of birds, lizards, geckos, etc that he also brought back inside the doggy door. One day, he brought two birds and a lizard in. He mostly played with them, and when he lost hold of them, the birds went flying around the house...If nothing, else, the cat really added some excitement to the house.
Austin found the cat as a tiny kitten. He could lap up kitten milk and eat wet food, but the vet said he was probably around five weeks old. He had his baby blue eyes, was all black, and just adorable. He imaged in on the dogs, and was soon just one of the pack. We joked about him thinking he was a dog with special skills.
We tried to think up various names for him. In looking at old pictures, I was suprised at the number of names we tried out on him. Mostly his professional name seemed to be "Kit Kat", but Stephanie called him "Katters". He came when she called him. Many times I'd see him scampering across the yard from his hideout under the overgrown citrus in the backyard.
Once he had totally explored the backyard, he started hanging out in the front yard, then down the street. Once the dog next door killed Maxwell, then Charlie, I kind of wondered how long the cat had. I can say that I did not hear any kind of ruckus next door, or any coyote howling. The cat just disappeared. I know he really missed Charlie and Maxwell. They were an odd group of little friends which I nicknamed, "The Three Muskateers." For now, and maybe always, they are gone. Stephanie is heartbroken. I did put up some signs in the neighborhood. I haven't gone around to the shelters to look for him....If someone took him, I'm not going to find him. Would you take a cat with break away cat collar on him, who was sleek, shiny and obviously well fed? Not me. I'd assume he had a home and could wander back there should he chose. Katters, whereever you are, your family misses you. Come home. If you can. We miss you.
Well, down to two dogs and two birds. In less than a year's time we have lost Fudgie, my ancient lovebird, Little Bud, our ancient small dog, Kristi's Maxwell, My precious Charlie Tuna, and now, maybe Steph's cat. That has to be some kind of record. So sad.




No comments:
Post a Comment