Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Blanket for Brooklyn and St Paddy's Preemie Hat

Megan asked me if I would make a quilt/blanket for her youngest, Brooklyn. I made a Littlest Pet Shop blanket last fall for Faith and also Brianna. I looked all over and couldn't find any Pet Shop fabric for the baby's blanket, so purchased some LOVELY flannels with cats and dogs on them. Ok, found the Pet Shop fabric at a Walmart Store on 75th Ave and Lower Buckeye Rd. I had picked up the Strawberry Shortcake fabric at the Walmart close to our house, and just loved it. I rounded the corners, and sewed the edges, then turned it right side out and top stitched the edge. I just put a few machine quilted hearts on it, as the batting is not gong to shift or wear about before the fabric does.

I had a friend drop a truckload of fabric, stuffing, yarn off to me today. She used to do a lot of hats, etc for our baby group. I like to pass out hats, clothing, blankets and quilts for each major holiday. It seems I am doing less and less, and my friends that were helping me have moved on with other priorities in their lives. I made the little white and green hat today, and figure if I loom one hat a day, that will be around 30 a month that I will be able to pass out--just had to set myself a goal. I watched some uTube video's, as friend told me she embellishes her little girl loomed hats with flowers from her flower loom. Intriguing, as I hadn't even heard of a flower loom! Now I want to get my hands on one to try it! Always something.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why she is obsessed with that Pet Shop fabric but she is! The girls will be happy that she has their own because I have been making them share with her.

    ReplyDelete