Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Tried Something New.....

...That I have been meaning to do for a few years now. I was SO excited about the little 'buttonhole' stitch the machine the girls bought me was able to do. I don't even think I tried it on a scrap of fabric.....but I have wanted to do it for quite some time. I was afraid it wouldn't turn out, so didn't want to plan an entire quilt, then not be able to accomplish it....so just didn't even try. Well, that and I stay pretty busy with things I can do....

I had some extra 'fish' flannel fabric from the blanket I made for Neil. The fish I used for a pattern on my rag quilt came from a paint book with a Christmas stocking for a fisherman. I guess if I REALLY wanted to try something new, I should have cut out a piece of wood, and 'PAINTED' a Christmas sock with a fish on it. As it was, I made the sock out of flannel, with the fish fabric AND decorated it with the little buttonhole stitch, and it was EASY-PEASY! I did something new! I'm getting kind of old now. I wonder when the last time in my life I will do something new will be? Well, could be today, if I don't try something new, right? I'll have to think about what else I have been meaning to do. Oh, riding a zip line is not an option. I just thought I should make that clear. Very clear.
The little fish Christmas sock. I think I'll put some Swedish fish and maybe some gummy worms in it for Neil. If he does not like them, maybe a grandchild will. I'll have to give him his sock as save it, as I bury stuff...and lose it....and cant' find it when I need it. Maybe the next thing I will work on is organization.....again.


This shows a close up of the buttonhole stitch. I think I am ready for a quilt! Well, once I get a few more of my UFO's finished.

1 comment:

  1. That looks nice! I need to be more adventurous in the crafting department.

    ReplyDelete