Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cross This Off of the "To-Do" List

I have more unfinished projects than anyone I know. Seriously, I should donate them all to Deseret Industries and be done with them. Some of the projects, I have fabric for and can't find my pattern.....Some patterns I have and don't have the parts.....I should put them all in a huge tote....Wonder if they make one that big? I think I'd need a room for them.

Right now, I want to make a Valentine heart/zebra/??leopard print throw type quilt/blanket for Danielle. The problem is, I have a silky fabric for the back, and I think it is going to be tricky. Then, I really want to do a rag type blanket for my brother in law, Neil, with the cancer. I'm not too certain where I put the fabric for that project....but I need to get to it.

I made a New Year's Resolution to work on an unfinished, or unstarted project a month. I picked the little cross-stitch project, as the directions said you could do it in a weekend. Well, you can't do it in a "Mormon" weekend, as I had a lesson to prepare, handouts to make and a family dinner to plan and prepare....so basically had one day to do it....and that was my shopping day....The stitching took me 8 days, and that was free time. I then washed it up a week later and forgot about it. Oh, I looked at it once in a while, but I frame stuff badly. This thing even CAME with a little glass frame. I ironed it this afternoon, and put it in the frame--albeit, crooked, but it is finished.

I also finished up 6 more butterfly tees for the preemies. After two weeks of sitting on my table, I finally sewed them up and put the snaps on them. Technically, they were cut out, so qualifies as more UFO's. Seven projects down, and only 9,992 to go.....

Now, for dinner. You thought I was going to mention my next project, didn't you? Nope, but it will be the blanket deal for Danielle. I hope it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment