Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2012 St Patrick's Day Loomed Hats and Butterfly Tees

Well, lost all of my hat loomers. I have been trying to loom a hat a day. It was going pretty well until I one) fell down my stairs, and two) ran out of green yarn. Those are my excuses, anyway. I found the little clover/heart print fabric at Walmart. I cut out the front of the butterfly tees in the print, and since it was quite thin fabric, also cut out fronts in white flannel fabric. The back of the shirt is white flannel, as that is what I have on hand. I am trying (like crazy) to use fabrics lying (and I do mean lying) around my house, as going and buying more fabric. I made kind of a slightly crappy small quilt out of the scraps created by cutting out the shirts. I serged together four-inch squares of the clover/heart fabric, a plain cream fabric, and a rather strange gold fabric and made a little 24 inch square quilted blanket of sorts, also lined with white flannel.

Well, need to go soak in a tub. Can't think of a muscle that is not sore from my tumble. Even breathing kind of bothers my back. Need to recuperate from putting the snaps on my little shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment