Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Version of Cheesecake Factory's Cajun Jambalaya Pasta

I was on Facebook, and this wonderful picture popped up from Cheesecake Factory, advertising their "Cajun Jambalaya Pasta." It looked delicious! I seem to remember something about it costing $16.95, but I could be wrong. I was thinking I could make jambalaya for the entire family for that cost, so did a Google search. Much to my surprise, the actual Cheesecake Factory recipe was listed. This is my version, so I can remember what I did, as it was very tasty. Sorry to say, the battery was dead on my camera, so I do not currently have a picture of my jambalaya. It didn't look as crispy and spicy as Cheesecake Factories. I need to work on presentation, I guess.

Sandra's Version of 'Creole' Jambalaya

First off, I couldn't find any Cajun seasoning. Really. None, so I used a generous amount of Creole seasoning, and some Chicago style steak seasoning....but I'll get there in a bit.

2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 pound boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces.
2 Tablespoons Creole seasoning
One each red, green and yellow pepper cut into thin strips
1/2 cup chopped red onion
(I had a package of sliced mushrooms I also was going to add, but forget them. Dah!)
1 package large shrimp-tails and veins removed
1 tablespoon minced garlic
more creole seasoning--
1 can fire roasted garlic stewed tomatoes (instead of 3/4 chopped up Roma tomatoes)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt--mine was sea salt, and I have no clue if it was kosher or not.
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 small can about 16 ounces chicken broth
1 small box of Linguini pasta

Heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Place chicken into clean mixing bowl. Sprinkle creole seasoning over chicken and into bowl. Gently toss chicken until each piece is evenly coated with the spice.

Add chicken into saute pan and cook until it is about half done. Add peppers, onions and shrimp into pan. Cook until shrimp are about half done. Add garlic into pan. Season all of the ingredients with salt, ground black pepper, more creole seasoning, and some Chicago Style Steak seasoning.

Add can of tomatoes, and broth. Gently stir together. Continue to cook until vegetables are tender and chicken and shrimp are done.

Drop pasta into boiling salted water and cook following directions on the package. Place pasta in serving bowls. Spoon jambalaya over pasta. Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.

I served the jambalaya with toast sprinkled with McCormick's Garlic Bread sprinkle.

1 comment:

  1. I keep being amazed at all the things you do. You are one super woman. Being a mother of a "litter", qualifies you as "super", but you don't stop there! Home repairer, amazing seamstress, volunteer, taxi driver, great primary teacher, irrigator, green thumb cultivator, adored grandma, loving daughter, beloved wife, nurse, receiver of Mother of the year award, pet's best friend, ...OK, I'll stop. But, NOW you have to be one of those people who can cook-really cook! WOW! I'm tired just thinking of your life. I'm going to take a nap!

    ReplyDelete