Wednesday, December 23, 2009

First Wave of Painting Christmas Cookies


I am pretty sure I blogged about the kids "painting" cookies at Easter time. Here they are again, only we used some of our favorite Christmas cookie cutters. Well, Breezy, Stephanie, Matt and Kristi painted cookies. Matt has to go to his dad's house tomorrow. Austin gets home from his dad's house....tomorrow. Kids coming and going, but we made two double batches of our very favorite rolled sugar cookie recipe. There is a very tiny picture of my mom eating a cookie. She has a real aversion to having her picture taken, so I try to accomodate her, but also recognize the fact she is here for the winter. Maybe I should start a "Where's Shirley?" in the college modeled after the Where's Waldo! books. Mr Wonderful will want some finished cookies when he gets home. We will save some cookies for the "big kids" aka Deidre and Joseph, also Danielle to do on Christmas day. It is easier to paint them several times over the holidays than to have someone miss the one time we do it and be sad to miss one of their favorite familiy traditions.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I like the "Where's Shirley" idea. That is a complete crack up! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete