Tuesday, December 8, 2009

After the First Winter Storm


One of our two Arizona Ash trees decked out in its winter colors....before the leaves all fall off.

My little Jacaronda tree...has winter killed two times. I haven't cut it back this year, hoping some greenery will protect it a little from the frosty weather. Two years ago, it died back to its roots. I am hoping it survives this winter and by some miracle, I get some lavendar blooms next spring. Time will tell.
This is one of our many, many gopher holes. The gophers eat ANYTHING. We have bare patches in the grass where they even have eaten the roots of the grass. They do not bother citrus trees, Texas sage or Bougainvillea, but they LOVE Hibiscus plants, Fairy Duster plants, Hopseed, Ornamental Plum and nut trees. Those are the plants I have lost to gophers.

This is the rather overwhelmed flower bowl....It had a bit too much water to drink yesterday. We didn't have any damage from the high winds. Well, the swimming pool looks a bit like a pond, but the roof is still on the house and all is well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment