Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Ornament Sampler

These are a few of the ornaments on our Christmas tree this year. The wire angels Kristi made for me last year. The sandcastle is brand new from a friend this year. The little angel is also a little bell. The little wooden Christmas tree ornament is one Breezy colored for me a few years ago. Most ornaments that say "Joy" were given to me by or for my daughter, Kristi. The clear little globe on the bottom didn't photograph so well (blame the photographer), but it is a wonderful fiber optic nativity ornament. I love it SO much that there are actually two of them on the tree this year. For years and years we had a Madonna and Child on the top of our tree. I think she finally just fell apart. Toughie informed me that we had to have a star or an angel at the top of the tree. I bought the clear star in the center of the collage this year. The limb on top of the tree is not strong enough to hold the star, so it is nestled in the top branches. I love ornaments that show the wisemen traveling to see the Christ Child.

For many years, I went to the German bakery in town and purchased German chocolate ornaments and put them on the tree. They were a big hit, especially when the children figured out they were chocolate. Now, don't tell anyone, but an unknown elf puts Hershey's kisses on the tree every evening. The kids and grandchildren love to look for the candy. If the elf forgets to visit one night, believe me, they let me know.

I am missing a box of homemade Christmas ornaments. I know they will turn up, but just not certain which century....for now, these ornaments will have to do, and remind us of the little Christ Child--The Reason for the Season. We try to take some time out from the hustle and bustle of the season and strive to remember Him and center our Christmas celebration around the miracle of his humble birth; and remember His life and His infinite love for each and every one of us.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment