Friday, March 26, 2010
Take Me Out to the Ball Game.....
Mom and I have been walking 2.5 miles from our house, around the Camelback Ball Fields and back 5-6 times a week now for over two months. We have seen the ball fields, empty, being mown, with players on them, etc. Lately, since the practice games have started, we have noticed a lot of ball shaggers out there hanging around looking for the practice or game balls. Mom mentioned yesterday that she didn't know how they even saw the balls. Well, she found one today--right off of the sidewalk by Camelback Rd, two seconds after she saw a ball, I found two, then she found a fourth one! We actually beat the ball shaggers to some balls! It was exciting, as she has a nice souvenir of her second favorite thing to do since she arrived. The first thing is garden and putz in the flowers, the second is walk around the ball fields and check out the license plates, enjoy the beautiful blue weather and chat with me about the past. Some days, ( like a lot of them) I've had to talk myself into the long walk. It is like a lot of things in life--I enjoy it once it is finished and most of the time out there walking. I probably will find that I wish Mom was here to take a long walk.....when she is gone home for the summer. Also, we do not walk the same time each day. I don't want someone to mug us thinking they know our schedule. Actually, I don't like to have a set schedule of when I have to do something...that is more like reality. One of Breezy's friend's mom's said she always saw us walking and walking and we walk in the morning and also the afternoon.....Ahh, I told Lilly to tell her mom we only walk once a day, we just vary the time so people THINK we are out walking all of the time! Here is a great picture of Austin, Mom, and Matt with three of the balls we found today. Karma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment