Friday, March 26, 2010

The Count Down Begins......

Mom's last Friday with us. Mr Wonderful and I will be taking mom back home over Easter. Austin just LOVES having "The Other Grandma" around to tease and squeeze. He said, "Grandma, why does Great Grandma have to go home, anyway?" I told him she wanted to fix up her yard and plant flowers and such. He looked at me, thoughtfully, then said, "Can't you just have her dig in some more of your dirt around here and plant flowers so she can stay?" He TOTALLY cracked us up! Danielle did mom's hair today. It will be the last time before turning mom's hair back over to Natalie in Idaho Falls. I took pictures of some of the flowers mom has tended SO carefully all winter...They are still so beautiful and some of them like the snapdragons are SO tall! Danielle also cut her dad's hair today. Jennifer's puppy took a nap on the floor....and I took a picture of the combat boots Mike left here after boot camp. They were a bit moldy and he didn't want to get a disease from them. I put them on an old wagon out front and think of him every time I go in or out of the house. I forgot to take a picture of one of the four baseballs we snagged while walking the ball park today. I think they deserve a blog of their own, come to think of it. We had lunch at Which Wich with Jennifer and Stephanie. I went to Yogurtland after picking up Breezy and her best friend, Lilly after school......very nice day today. Oh, miracle of miracles!!! Mr Wonderful called today at 4:30 and said he was on his way home! After a few years working 50-60 hours a week, NONE of us could believe he was getting off work at a normal time. We could get used to this schedule!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. So many cool things to comment about! I love the little puppy picture. Wish I was getting a haircut from that talented girl! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're excited to get grandma back! We definitely want to see you too while you're up here so let us know what your schedule is so we can come visit. After all, we do only live like 2 miles away from her now! I'm surprised you've gotten as many pictures of her as you have!:)

    ReplyDelete