Thursday, March 18, 2010

Look Who Showed Up on Our Doorstep This Evening


WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!

I knew Mike was going to be in his friend's wedding in Newport Beach....on a yacht sometime this month, but when I questioned...or TRIED to question Mike about when we would see him, he didn't answer. In fact, he didn't answer ANY of my phone calls or messages on Facebook until the day before yesterday when I got a three word reply: "It's a surprise." Ok, he showed up via his friend, Dave this evening around 9:30 or so. Mr Wonderful had gone to bed. Now, he couldn't even get into his room. The boys wanted to build a fort, so I had the Sewing for Babies finished items in Mike's room. Matt put parts of a twin bed in Mike's room as they were in the way of his fort construction. Jennifer and Breezy helped me move the baby items back across the hallway. When the Marine returns from seeing some friends, he can at least get in his room.....and sleep in his bed. We won't get to see him very long. He leaves for California tomorrow...might be back here in the valley Monday sometime and leaves next Wednesday for North Carolina. We'll take whatever amount of time with him we can get. I guess we will all be going out to breakfast in the morning. I invited his friend, Dave, who is hauling him around. That way I up my odds of seeing my son in the morning. Mike did apologize for not calling me back. He said if he did, he knew he would tell me he was coming.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: