
Hello! I know all six people that read this blog have just been on the edge of their chairs waiting to see what Breezy's reply to Kendric Shumway would be. Actually, she came up with an idea to make some cupcakes and planned to bake her answer in one of the cupcakes. She wasn't certain how to do that and if it would be legible, so came up a little different idea. As you can see from the picture, she had little sour cherry balls on all of the cupcakes except one. She found a conversation heart with the words "yes" on it. Really, in the entire package of hearts only one said yes, so finding it was a miracle. She printed out a formal reply.....in SPANISH and had her friend, Lilly drop off the cupcake tree to Kendric. Breezy saw Kendric on Wednesday. He loved the cupcakes and saw the conversation heart that said "yes". His dad translated her reply for Kendric. I was hoping he'd have to get a English/Spanish dictionary and do it himself.
Breezy is going prom dress shopping Saturday. Hopefully, she will find the perfect dress.
*********************************************************
A Breezy funny for you: This morning, the front windshield was again slightly frosted over. In the past, I have tried all kinds of things to scrape the frost off of the window. My latest thing is just to wait for the heat from the defroster to melt the ice off of the window, then leave to take Breezy to seminary. While waiting, I got to thinking about this large Hershey Bar a lady had given me last night. It was in the back seat. I reached over and handed it to Breezy. She looked at me kind of strange and asked what it was for. I told her to share with her friends for an early Valentine's Day. She said, "Oh, I thought maybe you wanted me to use it to scrape the window or something!"
*********************************************************
Happy Valentine's Day to you all!




Sandy, I love your blog. You have great stories to tell. Yeah for Breezy for going to the prom.
ReplyDeleteWhen you have nine kids and six grandkids and a few pets, you just let life happen and write about it.
ReplyDeleteCreative answer. Like I said, I've got to keep a list of these ideas. Have fun shopping!
ReplyDeleteI can't feel sorry for you about the frost on your window as we are under a Lake Effect Snow Advisory & there is about 6 inches of snow already on the side walk & my poor van is outside, uncovered. :) But I love the Hershey Bar story! Maybe if I used a Hershey bar to clear my windshield I'd like the winter more! Ha ha ha! I sure miss Arizona!
ReplyDeleteI love her reply! She should have given him the bag of conversation hearts & had him find the yes! ;) I still can't believe she is 16! I miss your family! I can't wait to see Dance pictures!