Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Little T" and his New Rag Blanket





Hello! I am excited to show you my latest "quilt". It is a rag type blanket I made for my 4, nearly 5-year old grandson we shall call "Little T". (I am just not so certain about using real names in a post that is on the internet. My luck someone would steal his identity and ruin his credit before he could start kindergarten.) Anyway, I made "Little T" two rag blankets when he was born. He still uses them! He loves to sit and rub a chenille edge on his little lip and cuddle with them while watching television. For Christmas, I made two older grandsons, "Chewy" and "Toughie" rag type blankets with a football theme. When I asked "Little T" if he would like a new blanket with footballs on it, he informed me he wanted race cars. Ok, his blanket has blocks with race cars on them, last year's favorite trains, a block with all types of sports balls, some with dogs for good measure, and helicopters. He has been playing with a toy rescue helicopter, and those blocks are special to me. They remind me of my Marine son, who just earned his gold wings and qualified as a helicopter crew chief. OOO-RAH!

1 comment:

  1. Who knew you had a blog! I am so excited I can check in whenever I want.

    ReplyDelete