Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Poor Little Moe
Well, two of the three Painted Lady butterflies we had flew away...One just fell into the rocks. I tried for two days to see if he could fly. One afternoon, I just left him in the plant in a planter out front that he had "fallen" into. I went out to check on him an hour or so later, and he was right where He had landed and a lizard was checking him out. I let him crawl on my finger and brought him back inside. He drank a little sugar water off of a spoon with his probiscus, and I put him gently back in the butterfly house. Kristi was giving him flying lessons in the living room yesterday. I think he was just falling rather gracefully...or gliding to the ground. Again, this morning I took him out and gave him more sugar water to drink. Matthew gave him sugar water this afternoon. For some reason, he is weak, and I am pretty sure he is never going to be able to fly away. It makes me pretty sad. He is a gentle, fragile little creature. I do not know the life span of a normal butterfly. I don't think it is very long. I guess we will continue to feed Moe and take care of him the best we can for however long we have him. After all, he is one of God's special creatures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment