Monday, May 3, 2010

Little Pleated Zippered Pouch


I came across this pattern on the site: Skip to My Lou sometime last week or the week before. It looked fairly easy. I have been wanting to attempt a purse....of some kind, but not feeling up to an involved, expensive project. This looked like a pretty easy pattern, even with the zipper. I did manage to sew the zipper in upside down the first time. If you make one, just make certain your zipper is "side you would zip" down next to the fabrics that make up the right or outside of the bag. She didn't state that in the directions. Also, make the pleats "opposite" on each pleated piece so they are going the same direction when the bag is finished. I wasn't totally happy with how my zipper turned out, and not certain what to do to make it turn out better. When my seamstress friend, Joan gets back from Florida, I'll show it to her. She'll know EXACTLY what I did wrong. All in all it turned out pretty good. I have more fabric, another 7 inch zipper, and maybe I'll try another pouch tomorrow. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Cute pouch! I want to make little crayon aprons and fun stuff like this for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an outstanding job! I would have left the zipper in upside down. You could have lived in the pouch and zipped yourself in! No one could get you out without your permission!!! Silly you. You thought you made a mistake. You're a great seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Carla zip myself in.....In my dreams. My hand or foot wouldn't fit in this particular pouch, but maybe I could make a TENT sized one, and zip myself in. Ahh, too much work. I'll just go in my bedroom and lock the door! Today would be a good day to do that.

    ReplyDelete