Friday, March 1, 2013

W's Breakfast

Betty Crocker's Puffy Oven Pancake with Berry Topping

W has had training all week. He has a test today over three pretty involved schematic drawings. He has been drawing them out all week. Normally, he gets up and fixes his own breakfast. I have insomnia, sleep apnea, general laziness, and seem to do my best sleeping between 4 or 5 am and 9......however, I found this recipe. Actually, it came to me in an email feed. It looked pretty tasty. I got up at 4 am and mixed the ingredients and put them in the oven. I had left the pie pan on the range with the proper amount of butter in the pie pan. Someone took a knife and smeared it around in the pan. At least they did not use their finger. I might use a smidgen more butter, as one side kind of stuck in the pan, but Arlen did say it was tasty. I put a small layer of low fat vanilla yogurt under the fruit, and lightly topped the fruit with a dusting of powdered sugar. Healthy is not how I roll.....unfortunately. Anyway, here is the recipe.

Betty Crocker's Puffy Oven Pancake with Berry Topping

2 tablespoons butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup or so low fat vanilla flavored yogurt (if you want)
2 cups assorted fresh berries (I used frozen strawberries, blueberries, warmed them up in the microwave, and poured off the liquid)

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In 9-inch pie plate, melt butter in oven; brush butter over bottom and side of pie plate.

In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with wire whisk, or hand beater. Beat in flour, milk and salt just until mixed (do not overbeat). Pour in pie plate.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve pancake immediately topped with yogurt and berries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.


Very yummy. :-)

1 comment: