Friday, February 22, 2013

This Week's Progress

30 butterfly tees for the preemies at St Joe's NICU

9 more butterfly tees I finished this evening

This just shows the little blankets I serged for the preemies
Kind of bored today. In a rut. Really, I am picturing me around 10 years old, in my dad's old car stuck in a snow drift. We were going out to Garfield to check on his parents. They were fine, and smart enough to stay at home in a blizzard. I finally talked him into going home and calling them on the phone. BIG drifts of snow across the road, so I was assuming maybe we should just cut our loses and head home.

Miss my FB friends. Someone should call me and see if I am still alive. Someone should read this blog......Oh well. A friend dropped by a bunch of cut out Sewing for Babies items she found in her garage. They are in a big pile of boxes and bags in my living room. Except for the dinosaur butterfly tees, these finished items were from a very small pile in the massive pile in my living room. I worked on these little shirts all week in my spare time. Could be why I feel in a rut, as it is a drop in the sewing bucket. That, and my washing machine is on the fritz. Thank goodness I have an emergency machine in my garage. It is a cheap one, but it works. The front loading HE machine gets gunked up easily with detergent and especially Downy, so I have resorted to just using the little Free and Clear pods from All. I have Tide with Downy in my garage. I miss using it......Have decided to go back to top loading machines and using fragrant perfumy detergent and fabric softener....as soon as my maintenance plan runs out on these machines in 2014. My mom spends the winters with us, and she for some reason does very tiny loads of laundry and helps to gunk up the machines. I found some efficient top loading machines that you can load the detergent in for TWO MONTHS!!!!! That won't solve my mom's desire to wash a pair of pants and socks and call it a load, but might solve the detergent gunking problem. We'll see. I'm going to go shower and go to bed and see if the rut problem goes away.

3 comments:

  1. Luke says I have the opposite problem. I don't want to do a load unless it is maximum capacity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog. Pinterest won't let me just browse anymore, it has a new page up where you have to sign in. I am not signing up for an account on principle only....just want to browse....now I have nothing to do. Facebook is lame anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Mom! You turned off the robot verification! Woot!!

    ReplyDelete