Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Pipes and Drums of the Black Watch

3rd battalion, the Royal Regiments of Scotland and the Band of the Scots Guards

Saturday, March 9, we were able to see them perform. I've seen them twice before over at the Mesa Arts Center. Kristi saw that they were performing again this year--has been four years since we saw them. Previously, we had seats way up in the balcony. This year, I purchased tickets on row B WAY down in front, as wanted mom to be able to see them. Oh, so close and was SO great.

The performance was called "British Isles of Wonder" and they performed medleys of songs from Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland. Four dancers danced the Highland Fling while the band and pipes and drums played. 

They did a tribute to the armed forces, and said that anyone with an affiliation with any branch of the services could stand. Mike stood when they played the Marine Hymn. I was very touched.

I found this performance of the Pipes and Drums while in Texas earlier this year, and appears to me to be the same performers we saw Saturday. We were not allowed to take any pictures, or videos, and this appears to be from high in the audience, but I want to share it, and also remember their performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment