Monday, March 18, 2013

Green Chile Enchiladas


I do not know who to credit for this recipe, as it wasn't on the print out, and I have no clue which blog I was on. If I find out, will be certain to give her credit. I made these for St Patrick's Day, and the family LOVED them. The top photo is ready to bake, bottom photo was all finished and ready to eat. They did not last long.

1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from the store)
1 clove minced garlic (Ok, I forgot it, but will add it next time)
1/4 tsp chili powder omit if you do not like things spicy. I did.
1/4 tsp cumin omit if you do not like things spicy. Left it out as well.
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper (I added a bit more. We are ok with black pepper)
1/2 cup diced green chiles
4 ounces of softened cream cheese
1 juiced lime I used two tablespoons of the real lime juice--no clue how much juice is in one lime
10 flour tortillas--I needed more
1 14-ounce can of Macayo's Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese ( I am certain I used more)

Combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, garlic chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, lime, and green chili in a medium sized bowl. Stir until combined.

Spoon 2-3 tablespoons into each tortilla and roll up. Place tortillas in a 9 by 13 inch pan.

Pour enchilada sauce all over the enchiladas, and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes. They were delicious. An authentic Hispanic person told me he had never had enchiladas with flour tortillas. That is what the recipe called for, and I personally liked them. Use corn tortillas if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment