Friday, May 21, 2010
Personal Best
I started this rag blanket for Breezy's best friend, Lilian yesterday morning. I cut the blocks out and ran to find some ribbon to put Lily's name on the blanket. You can see the ribbon Breezy chose. I used little pink and yellow daisy buttons to "dot the eye's" on Lilian's name. I got about two rows of the blanket finished and went to lunch with Danielle, Breezy, and Lilian at Which Wich. Jen and I went and helped paint Kristi's den or craft room yesterday. The color she used was called persimmon. Once the color dried, it truly reminded me of the red rocks at Sedona, Kristi's favorite place to travel. Well, I got home and started working on Lilian's blanket again. We had irrigation water coming at around 1:35 am, so Mr Wonderful was up, too. I finished stitching the blanket and spent a few hours clipping it. Around 3 am it went into the washer and then the dryer to create the chenille edges. I hope Lily likes her blanket and it is not too juvenile for her. There are a sad lack of fabric stores in this country at this time. Joanne's is pretty much it. I can say, it is very difficult to create a designer look with a severly limited palette of fabrics to chose from. A girl does what she can, though. One more project down....a million more to go.....well, however many I am able to create.
Personal best: Usually it takes me several days or a week to clip a baby rag blanket. After the painting and then abuse of my hand clipping this blanket, I could apply for social security disability on my hand and probably get it....If I had worked long enough to be eligible. I am hoping any future rag blankets can again be stretched over several days. Lily's party was today and I really wanted Breezy to be able to give her the gift on time. Goal accomplished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Bri saw this and said, "oh, I like it on my bed!"
ReplyDelete