Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm at it Again


Ok, I made another little zippered pouch. The zipper did not turn out a smidge better than the first zipper did. I went to the "Skip to My Lou" blogspot and read her "zippered pouch" tutorial. Turns out, I was to sew OUTSIDE of any of the metal on the zipper. Also, she says the fabric pieces should run the full length of the zipper. The pattern pieces I cut from her pattern were shorter than my zipper. I am out of 7 inch zippers, but when I get another, I will try sewing on the outside of metal pieces and see if I am happier with the way the zipper lays. Also, I can always wait until Joan gets back from Florida and see how the expert does it. I was hoping to make enough pouches to become a "zippered pouch" expert, but if I just make 2-10 or 100 factory seconds, what good is that? Well, I am about 80% happy with my little bags. 50% if I come across a seasoned sewer. I am going to go do some laundry. Thanks to good machines, Tide, Downy and stain removers, I am a 90% great laundress! (I do wash an occasional pen, gum, crayon, money, wallet, etc., but lets just not go there today.)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hey with the laundry at least you never washed a brand new work cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did wash dad's flash drive, though. The stuff he had on it wasn't there afterward--Joseph said it wouldn't have 'washed' off...but where it went, I do not know! Maybe techno heaven?

    ReplyDelete