Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Kristi said these are "Mums for mum." Notice the little butterfly in honor of Moe, our little handicapped butterfly who died this past week.

Just wanted to share my flowers with you. Jennifer knows how much I love Calla lilies. They are a stately, elegant flower oft times used in weddings. I have been married 34 years now, so not like I am going to get them that way. I usually get them second hand--from a bride or wedding after the fact. This is the first time I have ever actually received them. I love roses, too. I planted red roses in honor of my dad, as he LOVED them and loved to give them. I love the pink roses and lilies in the bouquet Deidre and Joseph sent me.

I am very blessed to be able to celebrate Mother's Day as a mother of nine special kids and grandmother to six little grandchildren. What an honor it is to me. Also, except for a few years at the beginning of my marriage, when I worked as a Registered Nurse, I for one have been REALLY blessed to have been able to be at stay at home mom. I've had quite a few mothers tell me they went nuts at home, they were stagnating, etc. It is great these women were able to go on with their careers--I sacrificed mine for my family. I don't regret it a bit. I didn't feel any sitter would love my children as I did, and think they would have suffered in day care. The neighbor down the street babysat Breezy for me two mornings a week so I could help in Stephanie's morning kindergarten class. She screamed bloody murder every time I left her--She had so many siblings, she'd never had to have a sitter. After a few days, I said, "Breezy, this is ridiculous--all the fuss you are making." She said, "Ridiculous, you say? I can't believe you are leaving me with that woman!"

I also watched a little baby, Marcus for my friends, Beth and Kyle. I was his nanny. He is now 12 years old, great kid and athlete. He and his two siblings, Kaci and Conner are very special to my heart.

Well, I Kristi and Breezy are making dinner for me this evening. Pretty special. Lovely flowers and a great meal. :) Happy Mother's Day to all my friends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment