Friday, May 14, 2010
A Little of This and That
Well, it has been a very hectic week. Mr Wonderful and I drove to Yuma to get our Marine on Tuesday. Danielle and I drove him back home on Wednesday. Make that Thursday, too, as we did not return home until sometime around 3:30 am Thursday. We are still a bit sleep deprived. We took Danielle's tiny, naked baby bird on both trips. "Louie" is doing well. He is twice as big as when she found him last Sunday, getting feathers, a little baby bird personality and stealing our hearts. I hope he continues to do well. Also, Sasha, Jennifer's baby Chow got Parvo on Wednesday. Well, actually, she was throwing up water and had no appetite, so Jennifer took off work and ran her to the vets. They confirmed she had the dreaded Parvo virus. Jennifer shelled at a lot of money, and we ran Shasha to the vet's office every day for hydration treatments....and more money to the vet. Sasha is doing very well now and hopefully, will continue to do well.
Today, Danielle and I ran my Chow baby, Quigley and Bear to the groomer's. It was a bit hard to get them in the car. Let's just say it could have been a U tube runaway hit! Bear was hiding under Quigley. Quig was quaking and on Danielle's lap and he was not going to move. We finally got them in the back seat. Quig looks good and Bear really looks cute. They must have used a bright white shampoo on him, as his top knot is bright white, and parted down the center. He looks a bit like "Moe" on "The Three Stooges". Well, if Moe had bright white hair, he would. I haven't really seen a poodle's top knot done quite like Bear's is. They usually look like a pom pom, not a perfectly parted do.
Danielle is modeling the little apron I stitched up for Kristi. Kristi has never been around to model it and Danielle has...so hence, took a picture of her in it. It was just a printed panel I got at Hobby Lobby, but I quite liked it. I think it might even make a cute little girl's skirt, although I haven't tried that out yet.
I did pretty much master the little contrast zippered pouch and here are three more to prove it. I nearly took out my machine hitting a metal zipper part doing pouch number three, but thankfully, the machine has recovered. I was pretty careful on these zippers, as I haven't really recovered.
OK, show and tell is over. I need to go dig out the fabrics I have collected for a rag blanket for Breezy's friend, Lilian. Her birthday is Monday. I do believe the rag blanket I have planned for her will be late. I have to go paint at Kristi's house tomorrow and will either be at church Sunday or picking up the Marine again. He requested Monday off.....so we will see. Have a good weekend wherever you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





May I place an order for one of your cute zippered pouches!!
ReplyDeleteI'll take three zippered pouches one for me and each of the girls and some aprons too! Of course I need one big one and two little girl aprons. Just to give you something to do. You know in between feeding a baby bird and driving to Yuma!
ReplyDelete