Monday, May 4, 2009
An Unwanted House Guest
I was just feeling a bit sad that I didn't have a thing to blog about when my daughter Megan called me. She lives in Midland, TX. Her son, Jacob went in their laundry room to check on his Horned Toad he had found and saw a squirrel in there. He ran into his mother's bedroom, and woke her with the news. She said, "Jake, there can't be a squirrel in the house." He said, "Mom, I KNOW what a squirrel looks like. I am not kidding there is a squirrel in the house." Five year old Faith appeared with gloves on her hands and said she was ready to get the squirrel outside! Jacob looked at her and said if anyone is to get the squirrel, Faith, it is me. Don't you know anything about rabies? Megan said they were chasing this mad, chattering squirrel around their house. Megan said it ran between her legs once, and totally freaked her out. Anyway, here is a picture of Luke, the head team member of the Doeling squirrel capture and release team, and the mad squirrel heading to freedom. Again, thanks, Megan. I was certain I was out of animal blogs, but you really gave me a dilly!
Mad squirrel on his way to freedom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




There probably never was a squirrel as happy to be heading to a tree as that one! Hope, for both his and the people's sake, that he doesn't come back! Squirrels are pretty smart. I bet he won't!
ReplyDelete