AND a Special Blanket for Ashland
My niece, Lindsey is expecting a baby boy in June. Deidre has been crocheting...and crocheting the new baby a nice blanket. We bought yarn for the blanket....and bought more yarn...and a bit more. Finally it is finished. It is only the second baby blanket Deidre has crocheted, but it is lovely. She works full time, is going to school for her Master's Degree, AND worked on the baby blanket over a 3 month period. She wanted to make a special gift for her cousin's new baby. We hope he loves it!

Mr Wonderful's niece, Kari had a baby about two weeks ago. I am a little late with her baby's blanket. This is a picture of a special blanket I made for new little Ava Renae. I wish I had a picture of her to share. Hopefully, her blanket will be in the mail and on it's way to North Dakota tomorrow. It is a very fun quilt. It was actually a little kit Joanne's sold. I love the lavender chenille around the edge, the little rosebud print,and also the beautiful white eyelet.
I am supposed to be working on a rag blanket for my little granddaughter, Faith. She wants her name on her blanket like the ones I did at Christmastime for grandsons Chewie and Toughie. This is a picture of a blanket I put together this evening for Weffer's friend, Ashland, who lives in Ireland. Her birthday is this week. (Gifts will be a little late, I am afraid.) We are hoping she likes it. Weffers got a bunch of Arizona souvenirs to send to Ashland, but we thought she might enjoy cuddling in a quilt that reminded her of home.
We will have to see if Ashland loves her blanket or not. It has shamrocks on both sides....and Leprechaun hats and hearts. It was made with love for a special friend!
My niece, Lindsey is expecting a baby boy in June. Deidre has been crocheting...and crocheting the new baby a nice blanket. We bought yarn for the blanket....and bought more yarn...and a bit more. Finally it is finished. It is only the second baby blanket Deidre has crocheted, but it is lovely. She works full time, is going to school for her Master's Degree, AND worked on the baby blanket over a 3 month period. She wanted to make a special gift for her cousin's new baby. We hope he loves it!

Mr Wonderful's niece, Kari had a baby about two weeks ago. I am a little late with her baby's blanket. This is a picture of a special blanket I made for new little Ava Renae. I wish I had a picture of her to share. Hopefully, her blanket will be in the mail and on it's way to North Dakota tomorrow. It is a very fun quilt. It was actually a little kit Joanne's sold. I love the lavender chenille around the edge, the little rosebud print,and also the beautiful white eyelet.
I am supposed to be working on a rag blanket for my little granddaughter, Faith. She wants her name on her blanket like the ones I did at Christmastime for grandsons Chewie and Toughie. This is a picture of a blanket I put together this evening for Weffer's friend, Ashland, who lives in Ireland. Her birthday is this week. (Gifts will be a little late, I am afraid.) We are hoping she likes it. Weffers got a bunch of Arizona souvenirs to send to Ashland, but we thought she might enjoy cuddling in a quilt that reminded her of home.
We will have to see if Ashland loves her blanket or not. It has shamrocks on both sides....and Leprechaun hats and hearts. It was made with love for a special friend!These are only three of many, many quilts I need to do for all of the little babies being born to family and friends. With all the job shortages, this grandma and quilter has job security! I also have projects in the works for the Indian babies and preemies at St Joe's.




It is so cute! I can't believe she spent that much time and effort on it! I don't know how on earth she found the time to so it with her crazy shcedule! I was actually just thinking the other day that about the only thing we need more of is blankets. (We may be wrapping baby boy Johnson in all pink blankets since that's what we have!) I'll be so excited to get it! Make sure to tell her thanks in advance! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! You're so productive! Those are some lucky babies!
ReplyDelete