Friday, May 22, 2009

The Incredible Shrinking Woman.......

ME!

I should do one of those before and after shots.....but I'm not gonna. The first part of April, I started walking every day. Rain or shine, heat or hot, I walk around my neighborhood. I have a friend in Illinois, who is running 5 K's, etc.....glad for her. I'm a bit chunky, and walking is my sport. I've been taking my dogs when I go early enough that it isn't too hot for them...or if it is cloudy like today. I've also been eating a proper diet. You know, that pyramid, where the fruits and vegetables are at the bottom, and there at the einsy, tiny, little scrawny pointed top are the foods best eaten in small, small portions, or not at all? Well, I had it turned upside down for quite sometime....and was nearly totally round. (Which my grandsons tell me IS a shape, but not the one I was hoping for.) My friend did give me a box of wonderful Cerretas mint chocolates for my birthday. I put the box up on our entertainment center and for nearly a month if I walked two times around my neighborhood, I savored one mint....there is nothing like good chocolate. (I also showed them to my family and usually handed one to Mr Wonderful, a kid or grandkid so we could enjoy them together. I don't know what my ideal weight will be.....but I am happy with myself now. I'm not dieting, I'm eating more than ever, but it is good stuff. One reason I haven't been blogging is I have been busy....shrinking a bit. I have a LOT more walking to do....AND will be playing in my pool with the grandkids. Life is good. I'm really learning to like myself, imperfections and all. My goal is better health, to continue to eat healthy foods that will fuel my body, daily exercise, and to smile and enjoy life.

On a bit of a funny note: I slightly burned the bottom of my feet working in the pool area with Mr Wonderful the other day. I had flip flops on, but noticed my feet were just on fire. I stepped in the pool. Then, when I went on my walk, I ended up with some blisters on the bottom of my feet, and they were really, really sore. I put bandaides on the blisters for padding and just kept walking. I picked up a Weight Watchers magazine and was thumbing through it. They had an article entitled: DO YOUR FEET HURT? Well, yah, they do! The first suggestion was to lose weight. DUH!!!! I'll let you know when I lose enough weight that my feet quit hurting!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! Losing weight can be fun & I love that you put how good you feel! Sorry about your feet though! That's not fun. Keep up your good work!

    ReplyDelete