Monday, May 25, 2009

Raindrops Keep Falling.....


Well, actually they have stopped now. Here is a picture my son-in-law Luke took of my youngest granddaughter, Brianna. She is 17 months old. She is looking out the window at the rain in Midland, TX. We had rain for a day or two last week. It was wonderful! The temperature dropped 30 degrees. While walking this morning, I noticed how bright and clear and BLUE the sky was--the rain washed all of the pollution away. Arlen walked with me this morning. He finally tried the personal mister one of us bought him a year ago. It worked fabulously! He just pumped it a bit and used it a little at first, but it would keep him nice and cool with the light spray mist that it puts out easily for a couple of hours. Kristi said she might get one to use next year when she is on play ground duty.
Saturday evening, Jennifer, Austin and I attended a wedding and reception for Spencer and Diana Inman. It was in the backyard of a beautiful home quite a bit north of us. Thanks to the rain the day before, I think it was a perfect temperature for an outdoor wedding. It was nice to see good friends that I do not get to see very often. It was a lovely evening.
Yesterday, we had the kids over and Arlen barbequed pork chops. I cut up one of the personal watermelons. There was very little rind and waste....and more watermelon than I expected. We had plenty. I think I will go with them in the future. Breezy made a nice brownie dessert that was topped with cookie dough. It was a very nice evening.
This morning after our walk, Arlen, Stephanie and I met Kristi at IHOP for breakfast. Service was very slow and we were gone all morning. We have had a lazy day......very happy school is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment