Chewie falling out of his tube.
Rosco Biggs and Quigley enjoying some shade in the backyard.
Mr Wonderful......most of the day. He was watching the East coast basketball finals...movies and no commercials. The trusty remote control didn't leave his hand.
Breezy and Lillian in the pool.Arlen, Dano, Kristi, Chewie, and even Breezy went to karate this morning. Arlen has studied for years from his friend, Dennie Steindam. Karate is just something I can't get into. I can say, Dano is our strongest Martial art's family member, Kristi has the most beautiful form, and Mike the Marine is the one that has come the closest to putting his training to use. Arlen said that grandson, Chewie is a natural. He must take after his mother. I was busy sleeping in while they were all exercising. I can say, I did eventually get up and take my morning walk. I visited with some neighbors down the street that I have seen walking a young Rottweiller. The dog is Sheldon. I do believe I forgot to introduce myself or ask their names. From here on, if needed, I shall refer to them as Sheldon's family.
As you can see from the pictures, Breezy, Chewie, and Breezy's friend, Lillian spent the afternoon in the pool. I already posted them on Face book....had I joined Face book before I found this blog, that is probably all I would be doing. It was the first day in a long time that I didn't need to run someone to a chemo appointment, doctor, dentist, friend's, etc. There is a lot I probably could have done, but just enjoyed my lazy day. I did prepare a bit for tomorrow as Arlen is working 12 hours of overtime to keep up his license with the NRC. I have a wonderful lasagna ready for our weekly extended family dinner tomorrow afternoon. Good thing, as I have to attend a ward council meeting at 2 pm. Church is 9 to noon....so seems like I spend all day at the church building the weeks I need to attend ward council. From 4 pm on, though, it is family time at our home!
Deidre and Joseph finally were able to get the keys to their new home. They were doing repairs and I do believe Joseph wants to paint the entire house before they move in. I should have probably gone over and spent the day helping them, today, but I didn't. I figure that empty house is probably cleaner than this one currently is. I can offer them dinner tomorrow and catch up on all of their plans. Some friends of theirs might come over for dinner. I told Deidre I would watch their little baby, Lilly when needed, as neither grandmother will. What is up with that? I haven't been nanny to a child in a long time. We shall see if they trust a baby in a house that is not all that clean....and has dogs. I'd much rather watch a baby than do about anything.
Well, time for bed. My lazy day is over. It was nice while it lasted.




No comments:
Post a Comment