Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Two Sad Occasions and a Fun One

I need to figure out how to get a picture off of my phone and onto my computer so I can place it here on my blog. It is a picture of my little hand tamed lovebird, Fudgie. I found him at the bottom of his cage last Wednesday evening. I wrote a really negative blog, and couldn't get it to print properly, so deleted it, as figured it was a sign it wasn't meant to be posted.

Anyway, I hatched Fudgie from an egg, and he was very tame. He liked to be out of his cage sitting on my shoulder, or Kristi's shoulder, and seemed to delight in pooping a tiny doodle out on our clothing. If I asked him if he was a pretty bird, and he would bob his head, and say "Pretty bird". We have had Fudgie for years and years now. We lived over on 77th Dr and have lived here in this house 15 years, so he was easily 20-25 years old. He didn't look old.

Danielle and Breezy buried Fudgie for me in a little commemorative Oreo cookie tin, and he was wrapped in a new dish cloth, and we buried him with his little mini TY toy he liked to sleep on. Mom's cockatiel and mine have been unusually quiet all week--and hissed at me when I cleaned their cages and fed them. I think they blame me for Fudgie's death. I heard mom's bird making some noise this morning, so maybe they are getting over their grieving, or forgetting about Fudgie.

I was already depressed that week, as the previous Friday, Breezy had a positive PPD skin test, and had to have a chest x-ray and was referred to a pulmonalogist. Shanna had a miscarriage on that Saturday. Last year, she had a tubal pregnancy, so was really feeling badly for her, and me as was looking forward to a new little grandchild. Shanna called to let me know she did pass the little fetus on Sunday evening, and it was a perfect, tiny little baby. At least she did not have to have a D&C, and hopefully will get feeling fine, and at the proper time, be able to have another little child.


Deidre, Joseph, Breezy and Lili just returned from a long weekend in California. They had a great time. It was Breezy's graduation trip. They went to the beach, and also Universal Studios. I should get a couple of Breezy's photo's and post them--maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment