Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!



Well, W has a big screen TV. Well, if you call 55 inches big screen. He has received some bonuses from work that have gone toward cars--new one for me, replacement older car for Steph, etc. W hardly ever gets anything. He has plenty of shirts hanging in the closet--a good assortment of tools in the garage, and even a really neat double tool chest to hold them.

Awhile back, we bought a 37 inch television, which was the largest we could get to fit into our entertainment center. It is across from a large southern window, and there is a lot of glare, so it isn't the greatest set up in the world. Recently, I gave Kristi our piano. I was thinking the wall the piano used to reside on would be a great place for a television for W. I even went and checked on prices. It wasn't very hard to talk W into getting a larger television for Father's Day. Nearly all of the adult children have television larger than ours, and we all SQUEEZE around ours every Sunday and attempt to see the family movie....through the glare of the sun.

Well, sometimes you just figure things are meant to be. The Samsung television I thought W would like had a GET THIS----drum roll, please, $400 rebate, as Costco just got in a TON of 70 inch televisions, and they really need to MOVE the 'smaller' sized sets out of there. We bought the stand for the television (This is the wall that floods when it rains, so not like I want my television mounted on a flood plain.) and a speaker stick with the rebate money. W is SO Happy! So far, only his recliner has made it to the other side of the room. I am thinking the adult girls can help me (maybe) relocate furniture while he is in North Dakota. I'd still like the room to look like a living room, not a theatre/junk room.
Just after I took this picture of W's Father's Day cards, Deidre and Joseph arrived with another 'fart' related card. That would be two for two....Had to get a picture of the card Austin gave his grandfather--He just loved it. There is just something about a Nelsen man, mini-man and farting. W fanned the card as to let it air out after opening it, and Austin was thrilled!!! It is a keeper.
So thankful for W, and grateful to have him in my life.....and even a fart joke or card is quite humorous to me. One might think I am getting a bit "Nelsen-ified", but no, I haven't stooped to giving fart cards yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment