Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back In the Saddle......Again.

Not really back in the saddle, more like back to Primary after quite a few years serving as second counselor in the Relief Society. For quite some time now. I've felt like I needed a change. I have so much work to try to catch up on with my house. I need to paint, try to dejunk, get the Sewing for Babies items organized and some delivered. My sewing machine needs a permanent home....besides the kitchen table. I hate to admit it, but either I am REALLY bad at organizing, or I have let my possessions grow to an astronomically out of control amount....maybe both. I only have two kids at home and they are mostly adult. What am I doing with my time? Why hasn't my laundry pile diminished? I have a lot of 'whys in my life right now.

The Primary President, her two boys, and one of the counselors stopped by last week to give me my new manual. I promptly put it in a laundry basket full of 'to do' sewing items, on a chair. I remember flipping through it, and putting it some place really safe, then totally forgot about it.

I started painting my kitchen on Friday with Kristi's help. Let's just say, I TOTALLY destroyed the kitchen....and have it about half painted, not including the cutting in parts that I totally suck at. I had go buy some semi gloss paint and repaint the splash area and my window seals, as wasn't happy with the satin paint. Also, months ago, Kristi helped me pick out some paint colors. I have an accent wall mostly finished in the living room, and was going to paint the rest of the house a paint color called, wood putty. It is just a pretty little beige paint chip. I bought two gallons of it, and it looks very pink on some of my walls. I could tell the kids weren't all that impressed with the color...but at this point, I am not even certain WHAT color I would like on my walls.

I can't find my Primary manual. Seriously, it is just like a black hole swallowed it up. W even helped me look for it. I can't tell you how MANY white 3-ring binders are hanging around this house....Had to print my lesson off of the Internet, find pictures in my personal collection of church photos, and check the visual Children's Book of Mormon Stories out of the library....and tell the Primary Pres and counselor that I have lost my manual. In my Primary experience, and until I spent the last bazillion years in RS, my Primary experience was quite extensive--sometimes Primary teachers are a flaky lot--not always, but sometimes. I was second counselor in a Primary Presidency once, and I was the only member of the Presidency in town, my piano player, chorister and all of my teachers were MIA. I remember one sweet sister asking me what she could do and she ended up the pianist, I was chorister (Oh, I hate that job!!!). The counselor in the bishopric tried to sneak out, and I put him in charge of 16, count them sixteen Sunbeams. He found me a LOT of help that day. :-) I learned that the Lord does provide. Anyway, in the past, I was not the flaky Primary teacher. I was the jolly on the spot, prepared and there, Primary teacher. Right now, I feel like a flake. What kind of person can't even find their manual for heaven's sake?

Ok, went to my Primary room as instructed. They found my class for me. Adorable looking children, three girls and two boys. The girls were very well behaved, sweet, listened, or tried to. The boys......the boys......let me tell you about the two boys.....One we shall call Danny never shut up, and one we will call Dennis never shut up, had quite a medical cough, he could turn on and drown out my voice in a heartbeat AND I was thinking one more noisy nose sniff, and he was going to end up with snot in his gray matter. (That is the important part of your brain in case you were wondering.) Gold fish crackers did not do that much for them, and one little girl is allergic to chocolate. I came home and told W that I was in Primary hell. He laughed. I am hoping to find my manual, and will go back next week, and see how it goes. Maybe I will just let Danny work up his stand up comic routine and let the little hypochondriac work on his nose sniffing and coughing....I'm thinking he might get tired of it at some point. Kristi suggested tissues and cough drops, but I am thinking that will just be providing props and I will end up with more hypochondriacs.

Kristi is leaving for California tomorrow. She went to a singles fireside this evening. Deidre and Joseph were to take the two cats to their house, and I have little Maxwell the puppy, to watch all week. Well, Deidre got one cat just fine, but Lux hissed, growled (I heard her), and scratched Deidre. She is still in the closet....I was typing, and Maxwell was sleeping on a bag of fabric here by my feet. He likes to pull my fabric scraps out of it and make a mess...and chew holes in the bag. It usually keeps him pretty entertained. He must have chewed on a computer wire (I am thinking), as he cried really loud, I scooted back to see what the problem was, and ran over him with my computer chair, then he was really howling, crying, and terrified....I gave him some peanut butter, looked him over and took him to Breezy to babysit. I am not certain what is going on with the cat, but hoping it is going back to Buckeye and I can just check on it once awhile, as Stephanie had a fit it was still in her room. You know, if I only had a wild cat in my closet, my life would actually be a piece of cake right now.

Well, Kristi took my Canon camera to Les Mes last night and took one picture before the show and a picture of the orchestra pit afterward, and some guard, or whatever you call the Gammage Theatre gestapo crew cussed her out and told her he could take her camera. Too bad he didn't--It uses batteries like crazy and doesn't take good pictures. Kristi is taking it to California this week. Maybe it will get lost in the surf. I'll keep you posted. At any rate, no pictures until further notice. It could be a good thing. Also, I have been reading a lot of great blogs lately. This however, is not one of them.

3 comments:

  1. I can help you de-junk. We can make piles. It will be therapeutic. And that wild cat is really scary. Steph was trying to put water in the closet so she could shut the door, and the cat lunged at her and scared Steph so bad she spilled the water everywhere. It was actually kind of funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. You can pile your dads stuff all you want, then it just goes in a tote. I want to see what sewing/craft books Meg might want in my little bookcase downstairs--if you want any of them, then going to put some of your dad's books on there. I ran an entire car load to DI yesterday am, and sending two boxes off to Megan tomorrow--did get rid of a piano. I want to see if someone wants one of those sets of china in the hutch....etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CALL DIBBS!!! I have been thinking about getting myself a nice dining room hutch, but don't have anything to put in it.

    ReplyDelete